PC hardware news

62 replies

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248347

I am not sure if there is such a topic on SQ forum but i think some of the members would be interested in relevant news regarding PC hardware. Main focus is the processor.

also this would be of potential interest for beginners in SQ in choosing a particular configuration for their new system

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Rumor-AMD-Zen-3-architecture-could-run-four-threads-per-core.435660.0.html

The x86 architecture has been hitting something of a wall lately but AMD looks like it could be set to inject it with a fresh breath of life. According to the rumor mill, the company has finalized the Zen 3 design and it introduces a new SMT4 feature that will allow each core to execute four threads simultaneously.

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Muhammad Hamza

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276476

AMD 3rd Gen Threadripper packaging leaked: Outlandish style for an outstanding chip https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-3rd-Gen-Threadripper-packaging-leaked-Outlandish-style-for-an-outstanding-chip.441406.0.html It was expected that the red team would announce the latest Threadrippers on November 5, but the latest rumor has now specified November 7 as the best bet for a Threadripper-related reveal. VideoCardz believes the packaging could be for the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X (24 cores) and Threadripper 3970X (32 cores) SKUs.

The AMD’s latest Threadripper 3990x processor is the new king. but to get the most out of this beast processor, you will need to pair it with the right motherboard.

jack austin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #277758

Hey there!

I recently just did a big overhaul on my gaming PC and am having an issue.

My previous setup was an i7-6700k (OC’ed @ 4.5 GHz), MSI Gaming M7 z270, an MSI Gaming RTZ 2070 Super, and 32 GB (3200 MHZ) Vengeance LPX RAM.

However, I purchased a Ryzen 7 5800x (OC’ed to 4.9GHZ) and an Aorus x570 Ultra (along with a new cooler and case) and kept the same drives, RAM and PSU.

With my previous setup, I was running Borderlands 3 at around a solid 90-120 FPS, however, with this new setup, I am getting anywhere from 60-70 FPS. I ran an in-game benchmark and got (with my previous setup) 99.xx AVG FPS. I ran the same in-game benchmark with my new build and my new AVG is 75. xx FPS.

Along with this I benchmarked both my CPU and GPU (just to make sure nothing changed) and got very close results with similar builds.

I thought the new Zen 3 Ryzen’s had better single-core performance? I also get lower FPS in modded Skyrim and Dying Light.

If anyone has any idea why this might be happening, let me know!

Viewing 2 replies - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

1 2 3 4 5