Not logged in
Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 874 total)
  • #250562|
    Customer
    291 Posts

sorry, but i am not getting the point, why the MAE/MFE computation is turned on always. In building process we are throwing away 99.9% of strategies, slowing down by 5-10% is not a small difference

and if i see some users strategies when they upload here something, i am afraid that most of them doesnt know what is the biiggest MAE – they are trading without SL, with bad settings, holding positions for years…etc.

the MAE/MFE should be user defined ON/OFF switcher, so the basic building process must be fastest

and second thing – we are now consuming more RAM, because SQX files are bigger because of MAE/MFE values

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Administrator
    1167 Posts

there are many more things that are computed by default and you usually never use them, for example stats separately for Long and Short side, etc.

It is simply not possible to make everything configurable and databank columns dependent on some hidden settings.

Drawing daily equity is a standard thing even in MetaTrader Strategy tester, and it is important.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    291 Posts

ok, understood

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

ivan
    Participant
    61 Posts

I noticed that in Ranking tab, the maximum capacity to store strategies is 10.000. At least i cant increase it manualy.

Although on almost any market is plenty (or almost impossible to reach 10.000) , on XAUUSD is the only market where having aprox 400 accepted strategies per hour, i reached 10.000 in less than 2 days and it seems there was still room for new strategies.

It would be possible in future builds to increase the max capacity to 20.000 ?

Timisoara, Romania

Gianfranco
    Customer
    65 Posts

I to increase the strategies for houres..  in the ranking the parameters lowered the values  often works

thanks Gianfranco

Milan, Italy

Customer
    243 Posts

hi. it is possible to use mae/mfe/edge ratio to use as a fitness?

thanks

Customer
    34 Posts

I want to know if this means that dukascopy is more quality data than darwinex?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Customer
    291 Posts

about the data: you are talking about 0.X% difference on 3 years of M1 candles? this is not a difference…the question is, why and how to use darwinex data, because they have only a short history

to ivan: why to store so much not filtered strategies? doesnt make sense

Customer
    34 Posts

Yeah, we’re talking about 0. X% difference. I darwinex data is needed because I only trade in that broker, and if you develop strategies on a dukascopy data and trade darwinex big difference gets backtest

Customer
    391 Posts

hi. it is possible to use mae/mfe/edge ratio to use as a fitness? thanks

Very good suggestion !!  Gives a value on entry efficiency

Customer
    391 Posts

Formula would be diffrent for long and short trades and then we have exits !

Entry efficiency formula
    Formula for a long trade: (Highest high – entry price) ÷ (Highest high – lowest low)
    Formula for a short trade: (entry price – lowest low) ÷ (Highest high – lowest low)

Exit efficiency formula
    Formula for a long trade: (Exit price – lowest low) ÷ (Highest high – lowest low)
    Formula for a short trade: (Highest high – exit price) ÷ (Highest high – lowest low)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  mabi.
    Customer
    291 Posts

to partizanas: using TICK or 1M, dukascopy or darwinex data or even longest Asirikuy data – for me its wasting of time trying to get more accurate backtest – backtest will still be a backtest. In real accounts could happen almost everything – i have the same portfolio running with the same broker on 4 accounts, also in there are differences

you can get on 3 accounts profit, on 1 account loss trade

so thinking about darwinex data is simple – are 3 years for my building process enough? i think, that the answer is NO

will i get more accurate backtest – NO

so for forex pairs i am using DUKASCOPY 1M, there are not major changes

for trading indices or oil, whatever other market you choos – where are different specifications through brokers – trading hours, contract sizes, decimal points, … its better to use brokers data, because dukascopy data are not suitable

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Customer
    34 Posts

will the SQX B126 version be released this Friday?

Customer
    233 Posts

on the roadmap is the releasedate for 126 the friday

Administrator
    1167 Posts

yes, the planned release is this Friday.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 874 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.