SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #257789

Hello,

I’m sorry for this, I found the problem – when you are upgrading (not clean installaiton) it will not overwrite your StrategyQuantX.exe with newer version, and it causes a problem.

The fix is simple – look at /internal folder, and copy the StrategyQuantX.exe from there to the main SQ folder, replacing the old one. Then it will start correctly.

Or alternatively, you can start SQ using StrategyQuant_nocheck.exe, and it will do this for you automatically after the start.

You can download version 127 or previous version 126 from the Download page as a ZIP – to install it just extract it somewhere.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257791

Hi Mark

Thanks. While both solutions (overwrite your StrategyQuantX.exe; using StrategyQuant_nocheck.exe) overcomes the Error Message and SQX attempts to launch, but then SQX v127 fails after a few seconds during start-up. I’ve tried both solutions on each of my 2x PC’s, with identical failure to launch SQX v127.

I have reverted to SQX v126 for time being. Please advise when SQX v127 installation and launch is fully working.

Thanks

AC1962

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257795

Not sure the 127 build is working correctly. SQX keeps saying i need to change the configuration to use less memory or allocate more memory after it freezes. I also note when using task manger to close it down its now called zulu architecture

any advice on the memory issue or should i go back to 126 build before 127 has had some more updates?

thanks

vikasb

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257796

Hi everyone, unable to use StrateqyQuant after upgrading to build 127. Can someone please help?

Also, is there a way to revert back to Build 126 while the issue is being resolved?

Thank you in advance.

Vikas

Stormin_Norman

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257800

Make sure windows is fully updated. I had that not working, then after Windows update, it worked.

"To be or not to be? That is the qu3stinn" - Monkey on the typewriter

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257801

always use downloaded zipfile from the download page – never have problem

not using any install or updates

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257809

Hi Mark

Tried upgrade to v127 again this morning, using auto-update as previous. Installation appears to go fine and Error message no longer appears. Upon launch SQX appears to start ok, showing SQX start-up window, but progress bar shows zero progress (see screenshot). Then SQX v127 continually crashes after a few seconds, on both my PCs.

I am already running latest version Windows 10. Updated yesterday & re-checked this morning. This makes no difference, on either of my 2x PCs.

Please advise when v127 auto-update has been fixed.

Thanks

AC1962

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver

Visit profile

3 years ago #257815

Hi Mark

Ive now done a clean install of 127 and it now fully loads without memory issues.

Im not sure if the sqx builder engine is building in a same way as 126 as i have left it to build for 3 hours and none have made their way into the results tab. Any one who can help me understand this that would be great

thanks

Morningbull

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 40 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257824

Yes, same for me using random generation.

With exactly the same settings the strategy generated per hour increased from 325000 to 450000 but accepted strategies decreased from 25 per hour to 5 per hours.

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257827

Not sure the 127 build is working correctly. SQX keeps saying i need to change the configuration to use less memory or allocate more memory after it freezes. I also note when using task manger to close it down its now called zulu architecture any advice on the memory issue or should i go back to 126 build before 127 has had some more updates? thanks

This would happen when run SQ on lower performance PC. I have tested B127 on 2 computers. One is i5 + 8G ram, the other is i7 + 16G ram.

The first will prompt out of memory error even I set the memory used as 5 or 6 Gb ram in few minutes, every time.

And this did not happen on the 2nd computer.

I guess this has something to do with  windows system updated or not.  Maybe the latest development did not consider the computer with lower physical memory.

Morningbull

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 40 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257829

I don’t think is matter of memory, I have 64gb and maximum both builds used 16 gb, I think something is changed in the builder engine.

Oliver

Visit profile

3 years ago #257830

yeah ive been running it again for another couple hours with relaxed filters and still no results generated.  this is really unusual. Its put a complete stop to strategy generation for me. Ive tried to go back to 126 build but it is behaving in the same way. The filters im using and date ranges are exactly the same from the quastic course so i dont think im using a configuation which is illogical

please advise

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #257831

Hello guys, sorry about the problems. We found one problem with the updater, it didn’t update one file which could have caused problem runnign SQ after update.
Please donwload this file http://1859438673.rsc.cdn77.org/ninstall/sqx/jxbrowser-win.jar
and put it to the folder {SQ}/internal/libs of the updated installation. After this it should start correctly.

As for speed of accepted strategies- we made one fix in Average Trades per month, do you use it in your build as a condition? Before it was computed only from the months when tehre was a trading, so the number was higher.

If it is something else it would help us if you’d open a task for it and attach your buioild config which is slower in 127.

Running out of memory – we can check it is you’ll create a task for it and attach your config. There must be some configuration problem that causes it to use all the available memory. Doesn’t amtter how much memory you have, it is possible to use it all with wrong configuration.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #257832

Oliver – if it behaves the same in 126 and 127 then it looks like a build configuration problem.

Was the same configuration working for you before in 126 and now it stopped in the same 126 version? It cannot be the same configuration then.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Oliver

Visit profile

3 years ago #257833

in the mean time is there a way to get build 126 to run in the same way it was prior upgrade? I ask because both upgrade and down grade are behaving in the same way.

Viewing 15 replies - 886 through 900 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 59 60 61 62 63 64