SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257834

Eric

sorry ive only just seen your reply before my last posting.  Ive uploaded my configuration now to the task as you instructed. the only difference now is i have selected more of the building blocks due to more being available in 127. I understand this will perhaps take longer to generate strategies but before it would take something like 15 mins before i began to see strategies appearing in the results tab. now after 3 hours i get nothing. im perplexed

the config was working fine in the 126. i upgraded to 127 to find my the issues ive explained. then gave up on the 127 and followed to downgrade instructions to find the same problem. I hear what you say….it cant be the same configuartion….. but ive checked it a few times to avoid having to communicate my problem and wait for a response.

thanks

Oliver

Visit profile

3 years ago #257836

to further evidence my issue i have a VPN running strategyquant 126 which i have not upgraded. it is running a configuration as i type and still generating strategies. I have saved such configuration and tried it on my own computer where i am running the 127 build and supposed downgrade to 126 and still no strategies

thanks in advance for any solution you can provide

gottogethelp

Customer, bbp_participant, 30 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257837

Hi Oliver. Maybe try copying the whole SQ folder from your VPS onto your own computer – save it in a different folder. Run the SQ in the new folder – if everything is ok then copy across the user and custom_indicator folders from the original folder to the new one. Pretty sure they are the two folders that contain all the configs, settings etc – if I’ve missed any then I’m sure someone here will point them out.

Oliver

Visit profile

3 years ago #257838

Thansks. ive tried this. when copying across from the server it does not keep the exe files. so it has not really aided me thanks

I note though that the initial bank is generating strategies but i fear there is an issue where they are not being recognized and being placed into the results tab

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257839

Hi Mark

Great, thanks for sorting v127 auto-updater! Now installed and running fine on both my PCs.

AC1962

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257842

I don’t think is matter of memory, I have 64gb and maximum both builds used 16 gb, I think something is changed in the builder engine.

Morningbull, your are right, maybe.

I have created the issue,

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_6200

This may be a general problem. A temporary and valid solution before B128 is really needed, because B127 can’t run for a long enough time, do complete test now.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #257843

Oliver – we are looking into it

eastpeace – can you attach also your build config that does the Out of memory error for you? I cannot reproduce it without it.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Sergey Fedorischev

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257844

Special thanks for the Russian language.

DiggerOfTruth

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 65 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257904

Greetings Mark,

I downloaded the update zip last week and the program would start freezing during Testing of newly generated strategies. So, today I downloaded and installed the 127 zip again, just to be sure I had the latest fixes and now it just says Loading GUI… and won’t fully start the program.

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

3 years ago #257905

UPDATE:  I downloaded the full zip in a new folder and it appears to start so far. (Something must have gone wrong during installation in to the original SQ folder I have been using.)

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #257912

We identified a problem with memory management in the new 127 version, it is related to the newly added Weekly and Monthly timeframes, but it affects everything.
I already fixed it, we will be releasing new bugfix build 128 most probably on Monday.

We’ll address also some other issues that were found.

The problems that build 127 was not generating while build 126 were investigated, and it ALWAYS turned on to be a problem of configuration – you simply don’t use the same configuration in both versions.

When SQ is not generating you should investigate your filters and cross check filters if there isn’t some logical flaw.

An example attached – incorrect filters used in Higher precision crosschecks.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

3 years ago #257913

Good news and thank you for attaching that image!

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257951

Hi,

The auto update installer for SQX no longer works.

Everytime I launch SQX 126 I get an error relating TSL/SSL channel.

See attached screenshot.

Cheers,

Mike

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

gottogethelp

Customer, bbp_participant, 30 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257962

Hi SQ team – is the plan still to release 128 tomorrow?

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

3 years ago #257963

will the 128 correct the FREEZING up that happens during Retest when about 90% done?? (and it doesn’t stop freezing, just locks up so one has to shut the whole program down.)

Viewing 15 replies - 901 through 915 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 60 61 62 63 64