SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237799

I agree with you guys, it´s pretty frustrating that there are still SO many bugs, even at basic tasks. I am trying to setup SQX for “serious business” since a while now, just to stumble upon really frustrating bugs in basic components (like that the Optimizer only does 7500 steps, regardless of what you set). And instead of finally being able to set it up for real trading, one ends up posting 10 new bugs in the backend, then spending another 2 weeks waiting on a new release that possibly fixes it, just to notice that this new release again has 10 new/remaining bugs that gonna report, and then…. LOOP 🙂 I think the SQ team should really ONLY focus on fixing bugs for the next months before introducing ANY new features. This needs to get some stability finally, it´s again rather frustrating right now. All of you come well into 2019 and stay healthy 🙂

Upvote for that

Rick Liao

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237805

As a futures trader and a MultiChart user, I’m more frustrated than you guys.

Currently SQX even can’t build any usable strategies for futures in “Builder”, I think this is a basic task that can’t be more basic.

I have to postpone to trading my funds endlessly until SQX is workable and reliable.

I totally understand SQ team is working hard and also trying to fix bugs as fast as possible, I deeply appreciate SQ team’s efforts.

But if possible, please move the task priority of futures/MultiCharts be higher.

I would highly appreciate it if SQ team could kindly take my opinions.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237806

@geektrader. I would double vote you if I could  🙂 Your contributions are priceless.

I share this feeling of frustration expressed on the last posts. No offense but after so much time developing a new software; SQX and months on new Builds, we have little more than a beta. Of course SQX has a huge potential, I would love to have all its features at my hands but right now it’s far from beeing reliable, as far as the almost endless list of bugs gets fixed. In my opinion it would be much better to take as much time as needed to test and verify any new Build before its delivery. Start from the Basic stuff and grow from there

Martin

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237798

Are you also having major problems with the differences between strategyquant and metatrader? I think these tasks can be a first step in finding the cause of the differences.

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3841

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3840

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237864

When can we have 117 released. Because of the memory buildup problem 116 has it can’t be used for anything else then retest which You have to do since 115 strategies do not compile in MT4.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #237865

We will release Build 117 on Friday 4.1.2019 (tomorrow) exactly to fix the most serious problems.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237866

Hi , Mark pls look at this task where is another strategy which is not able to trade:

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3817

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #237928

Hi , Mark pls look at this task where is another strategy which is not able to trade: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3817

yes, replied in the task. It was a problem of strategy

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #237929

Announcement – Build 117 has just been released.

This is a stability update, fixing bugs in memory consumption, UI, and with Walk-Forward optimization.

Download link: https://strategyquant.com/download

Changelog: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/roadmap

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237938

Thanks for the hard work and fixing bugs.

Martin

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237939

This is just my personal opinion, I think this update was just what we needed right now, very good performance, all major bugs are perfectly fixed (at least as far as I’ve tested) and as a user that this program has already brought more benefit than the cost of the license I thank the strategyquant team for all the effort.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237951

Thanks for the update, will test 🙂 Wondering about why build 118 is pre-announced for 1. February 2019 only, as I thought we´d always have a 2 weeks release schedule?

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237955

Thanks for the update, will test 🙂 Wondering about why build 118 is pre-announced for 1. February 2019 only, as I thought we´d always have a 2 weeks release schedule?

Winter hibernation

Rick Liao

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237957

Hello Mark,

I would like to know if issues of MultiCharts will be fixing in Build 118.

I have been reporting this critical issue since Build 112:

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3112

I don’t expect all issues of MultiCharts can be fixed at once, but please at least make a few progress in every following Build.

Hope it won’t be postponing to Build 119, please…

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #237961

Rick – yes, Tradestation/MultiCharts support is one of the priorities for Build 118.

As for prolonging the updates interval – it is still in discussion, that date is not fixed. But past experience shows us that two weeks updates interval is too short, we are unable to develop and test everything properly.

I’m more inclined to doubling it and releasing updates once a month. We’ll be able to make more things and test them better.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 15 replies - 496 through 510 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 33 34 35 62 63 64