SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250481

\extend\Snippets\SQ\EngineCharts\FitnessChart.java
\extend\Snippets\SQ\EngineCharts\FitnessChartGenEvo.java

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #250482

kleva, Gianfranco – please create bugs in our task system and attch the problematic config and snippet. We’ll look at it. Perhaps there is an easy fix for that.

16 GB is enough to run the program,, I didn’t see any problem an=bout memory in the logs you posted.
It is possible to fill even 128 GB of RAM with wrong configuration.

Non working update

I’m sorry for these issues,  I just got an idea – if your SQ is not updating automatically to 125 can you please check your file StrategyQuantX.exe, what is the size of this file?

It is easy to make an update manually – just download the update ZIP from here: https://www.strategyquant.com/licenses/d?code=sqxupdzip

and then extract it to your SQ installation. It wil update only the program, it will not overwrite your data or settings or custom snippets.

Importing custom indicators

this was planned for this build, but we didn’t make it yet. It will be most probably in the next build.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250500

Hi RNG: What operating system do you use? Du you use Windows10 ? Version 1903 ? or a different operating system ? thomas

I’m using Windows Server 2016 Datacenter that permit to use more than 64 threads (in my case i have 40 cores so 80 threads)

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250513

Hi Mark

As you recommended, on Wed I tried switching out firewall etc., on 1x of my PC’s, but auto-update to build 125 still did not occur, even after several attempts. I checked and my firewall setup already had a rule active to allow SQX internet access.

Then yesterday evening auto-update suddenly worked without a hitch on both my PC’s. Without any need to switch-out firewall.

A similar thing also happened when build 124 was first launched, but not with previous SQX builds.

So it really does not seem to be a problem with my local PC setup.

Anyway, problem now solved and build 125 working great. Thanks for all the hard work!

AC1962

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250530

i want to ask why we are computing MAE/MFE in B125 for all strategies automatically, even in building process, where we are rejecting 99.9% of strategies?

how much we are slowing the process?

why we cant turn off the mae/mfe in newest build?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #250548

automatic MAE/MFE – it is because there is new column Biggest MAE – which is biggest open loss and it requires MAE/MFE to be computed.

Computing MAE/MFE and daily equity slows things only 5-10%, depending on setting, and we made some other optimizations to speed it up to compensate for this.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #250549

We just released new QuantAnalyzer 4.6.0 with support for SQ X 125 files.

This was just a quick fix to make it work together, we continue working on QA and we’ll release one more version with new features in Portfolio master and some other things.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #250562

sorry, but i am not getting the point, why the MAE/MFE computation is turned on always. In building process we are throwing away 99.9% of strategies, slowing down by 5-10% is not a small difference

and if i see some users strategies when they upload here something, i am afraid that most of them doesnt know what is the biiggest MAE – they are trading without SL, with bad settings, holding positions for years…etc.

the MAE/MFE should be user defined ON/OFF switcher, so the basic building process must be fastest

and second thing – we are now consuming more RAM, because SQX files are bigger because of MAE/MFE values

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #250563

there are many more things that are computed by default and you usually never use them, for example stats separately for Long and Short side, etc.

It is simply not possible to make everything configurable and databank columns dependent on some hidden settings.

Drawing daily equity is a standard thing even in MetaTrader Strategy tester, and it is important.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #250565

ok, understood

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250572

I noticed that in Ranking tab, the maximum capacity to store strategies is 10.000. At least i cant increase it manualy.

Although on almost any market is plenty (or almost impossible to reach 10.000) , on XAUUSD is the only market where having aprox 400 accepted strategies per hour, i reached 10.000 in less than 2 days and it seems there was still room for new strategies.

It would be possible in future builds to increase the max capacity to 20.000 ?

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250573

I to increase the strategies for houres..  in the ranking the parameters lowered the values  often works

thanks Gianfranco

Milan, Italy

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250577

hi. it is possible to use mae/mfe/edge ratio to use as a fitness?

thanks

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250581

I want to know if this means that dukascopy is more quality data than darwinex?

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #250591

about the data: you are talking about 0.X% difference on 3 years of M1 candles? this is not a difference…the question is, why and how to use darwinex data, because they have only a short history

to ivan: why to store so much not filtered strategies? doesnt make sense

Viewing 15 replies - 826 through 840 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 55 56 57 62 63 64