SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238497

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your great work!
Really appreciate it much.

I have one request. It is related to Custom Indicator.
As you know the Code Editor will create a template for us to create a custom indicator.
One of function in the template is ‘OnBarUpdate()’.

It seems we also need to have ‘OnInit()’ – a very important function to initialize required variables
Also, ‘OnDeInit()’ – a function to clean up.

Can we include those in the next release? 🙂

Thanks.

Tamas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 73 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238516

It is already added. You can override methods OnInit or OnDeinit in your snippet.

Please check some of our predefined snippet how to use it eg. EMA

protrader2020

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238524

I am not sure what I am missing. I am trying to run a strategy (built with SQX) on my MT4 and I got an error. The testing is fine but once attached to the chart it shows Dependencies error preventing it from placing any order. FYI, I already have copied all the missing indicators that come with SQX to the MetaTrader folder.

A snapshot of the error is attached + a strategy that was built with SQX.

It seems all the strategies built with SQX showing the same error, at least for me!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Wish you all a prosperous trading   😀

chris

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238527

Thanks SQ team for your work. I have to say for me the newest build of SQ is by the most stable and useful build yet. I have run it now for about 3 days, with the genetic evolution mode, with the new blood feature activated, and i have generated quite a number of good strategies that backtest exactly the same on MT4 as they do in SQ. Thanks for the good work team!

DalFX

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 18 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238528

@protrader2020 I don’t think that is problem with SQX generated file, if they compile ok, maybe MT4 installation problem, did you try different MT4 Installation instance ?

protrader2020

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238530

I already did and waiting to see if the strategy places any orders on the second MT4 account.

Wish you all a prosperous trading   😀

Eowithrand

Visit profile

5 years ago #238546

Hi Mark,

First of all, thank you for your great work! Really appreciate the latest release and the current capabilities of SQX.

I have one request about use of indicator within trailing stop and break even rules. SQ3 is able to generate strategies with the trailng stop rule based on indicator(s), such as “Move Stop to (SMA(8) + (0.3) * BollingerBand_Range(9, 2, 0))) on bar close”, while SQX is not. I’ve searched through SQX’s roadmap items and found the issue titled “trailing stop on indicator“, which is including similar content with my request, had been posted by @hankeys in December.

Regarding my experience with SQ3 so far, the success of a strategy is more dependent to its trailing stop / break even rules rather than entry signals (instead of being data dependent sniper, being eligible to adapt different market motions). Also, my recent experience with latest SQX build encourages me to get this conclusion, since SQ3 produced much higher amount of strategies within 4 days with respect to SQX. During the comparison same configurations are employed for both SQ3 and SQX as much as possible since they are diferent versions at the end of the day. I haven’t faced with any technical issue with SQX, so I believe such difference is caused by rules of strategies.

Is it possible to include such specification in the next release?

Task Link: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3707

Thanks.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238610

I agree to have that feature, but SQ3 finds much more strategies than SQX does for the sole reason of the exploitable space / combinations. SQX has SO many possible combinations of indicators, exits, etc. (remember how limited SQ3 was in terms of entries / exits) that it simply takes much longer to find profitable strategies. However, given that huge explorable space, once it finds some, it can and does find MUCH better strategies than SQ3 could ever find.  Partly it´s also because of the still somewhat whacky indicator range parameters that haven´t been address fully yet – but I have suggested an auto-calibration feature for that on the bug tracker and once that is done, it should improve the search speed a bit too. Anyhow, just let it crunch away and you´ll see, even if it takes much longer than in SQ3 🙂

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

yzzbl2014

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238619

Why can’t I use the custom action in AlgoWizard to input MQL code and generate custom code that EA can’t see the input, and the generated code is empty?

yzzbl2014

Visit profile

5 years ago #238645

yzzbl2014

Visit profile

5 years ago #238650

// action #3         The generated code does not have “aa = 1;”

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 486 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238681

Hi,

when is the next build planed? (Build 119)

The Roadmap has not actual data.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

drayzen

Visit profile

5 years ago #238683

Hi yzzbl2014,
Best to search for your issue on the bug tracker then post it there if it’s something new.
https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/tasks
Click the + next to Tasks to create a new one if needed.

😉

... the alien does not concern itself with the opinions of humans ...

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238685

I added the date it in the roadmap. Release of the next build 119 is planned to next Friday – 22.2.

// action #3 The generated code does not have “aa = 1;”

this is not the place to submit bug issues, please use our task system.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

yzzbl2014

Visit profile

5 years ago #238746

I strongly hope that version 119 will update ALGOWIZARD to a full-featured version. Thank you. There’s nothing you can do with ALGOWIZARD now.

Viewing 15 replies - 541 through 555 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 36 37 38 62 63 64