SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #239129

Out Of Memory – can you please open a bug task for it and attach your build settings?

With “wrong” settings you can exhaust all memory even with normal build, but I need to see the config to find out.

Drayzen – if you mean adding Minimum Net profit per week, month, year that should be fairly simple, I’ll include it into examples as well.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

portfolio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239130

Hi Mark,

After upgrading from 118 to 119, All backtest results does not more match the SQ results. Tested it in MT4 & MT5. Most backtest results ends in Loss.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239132

Quantomas – perfect nickname ☺☺☺

1Trader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239134

Hi Mark…

Thanks for the decision to add the ‘Envelope’ indicator (and publishing an article on how to extend SQ/AW).

Really appreciate it!

drayzen

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239139

Drayzen – if you mean adding Minimum Net profit per week, month, year that should be fairly simple, I’ll include it into examples as well.

Hi Mark,
Yes that’s it, if you could please add an article for Net Profit per Week/Month/Year snippets that would be great, I’ve been itching to try this…  🙂
I had a look to see if I could work it out myself and I found the AvgProfitPerMonth.java file which I can see is itself fairly simple.
I thought I might be able to edit to do what I want, but it appears to have dependencies to other pre-defined functions and having no idea what other functions are available or how they all relate I figured best to leave it alone…
* The only thing I would remind is to ensure it supports negative values for the Net Profit so it’s possible to allow a specific maximum loss $ or % for each time period.

Seeing the new Community Codebase, I thought you should send out a dedicated message on social media and email direct to customers to let them know about it to get some activity and sharing of snippets, writing articles, and hopefully bring those external strategy sharing groups back to a central location…
Could you please set up an english Twitter account and cross-post (Hootsuite/Mailchimp can do this automatically) your Facebook posts as I don’t use FB any more. Twitter is also far more popular for people interested in finance.

thanks, Al

... the alien does not concern itself with the opinions of humans ...

Rick Liao

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239163

Hi Mark,

I suggested a feature since Oct, 2018: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3149

Due to every commodities futures contracts has different rolling rules, this feature is very important to futures traders to avoid unreal data gap in backtest.

Is it possible to be done in near future?

yourrodstaff

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 60 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239208

why my bug report “x116 rnd logic missing” keep being ignored? for alowizard ,   zero response, i also  ask the help question many time, still keep ignored.  it has been 3 months.

Rick Liao

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239236

Mark, I’m sorry for getting you wrong.  It was my mistake. B119 is better than B118, thank you and SQ team what have done on this work so far.

I spent a lot of times on testing Tradestation engine recently. I reported many issues on task page,  Hope they can be fixed in B120, and make it be fully reliable and workable. I’m looking forward for it.

trader4711

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 28 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239243

SQ_IndicatorValuesExportEA.mq4

How does this EA works ?

Is there a documentation about this function ?

1Trader

Visit profile

5 years ago #239259

Hi Mark…

Many thanks to you and your team for adding the ‘Envelope’ indicator (and publishing an article on how to extend SQ/AW). I validated the instructions and now have the Envelope indicator in SQx/AW (with template to export to MT4 platform, etc…).

As FYI – I encountered to issues when validating the Envelope indicator in SQx via the Code Editor “Test Indicator” tab. Both issues appear cosmetic (not technical).

1. In Code Editor there are 2 “Test Indicator” tabs showing.

2. After running the test the results do not display immediately and requires to come out of “Test Indicator” tab and going back in. Eventually after a time the results appear (“Passed). Lag/Refresh issues?

Anyway…really appreciate you and your team making the Envelope indication available!

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #239262

x116 rnd logic missing – sorry, we overlooked it, it will be fixed in the next build

SQ_IndicatorValuesExportEA.mq4 – it is an example EA that can be used to export indicator values from MT4 so that they can be compared with the values computed in SQ when you develop new indicator. It is not documented separately, you can download an example or see it described for example in article Adding Envelopes indicator – step by step example  in the section Use helper script to compute and export indicator data in MetaTrader.

You basically have to change only the line that computes the value of your indicator.

1Trader – thank you for the report, we’ll look at these bugs

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

kainc301

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239364

Hey @Mark Fric, is build 120 being pushed back to the end of March to fix more bugs/features or is it still being rolled out tomorrow?

yzzbl2014

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239368

Bug #sq4_4270: The EA generated by ALGOWIZARD after calling custom function does not add custom function code in it. – New

Hopefully this will be repaired in tonight’s version. Thank you.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #239371

sorry for mistake in roadmap, Build 120 will be released next Friday (29th March), not today.

I’ll check also the problem with custom functions in AlgoWizard.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

1Trader

Visit profile

5 years ago #239452

Hi Mark

I’m pretty sure 2 of the parameters in the SQx – Code – Metatrader4 – Blocks – Envelopes .tpl were not in the correct order (the 2 params are: MA_Moved and MA_Method). Refer to below for details.

Original order:

iEnvelopes(<@printInput block />, <@printParam block “#MA_Period#” />, <@printParam block “#MA_Moved#” />, <@printParam block “#MA_Method#” />, <@printParam block “#Applied_Price#” />, <@printParam block “#Deviation#” />, <@printParam block “#Line#” />+1, <@printShift block shift />)

I think the correct order should be:

iEnvelopes(<@printInput block />, <@printParam block “#MA_Period#” />, <@printParam block “#MA_Method#” />, <@printParam block “#MA_Moved#” />, <@printParam block “#Applied_Price#” />, <@printParam block “#Deviation#” />, <@printParam block “#Line#” />+1, <@printShift block shift />)

I correct and verified the above.

If you can verify yourself nd update the documentation – that would be great.

Thanks

Kevan

Viewing 15 replies - 571 through 585 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 38 39 40 62 63 64