SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241122

i am using autosync only for final databanks, where i have the “final” strats, so i am happy with 1 hour autosync, i dont need autosync in the minutes, because the strategies are not flowing here so frequently. And its easy, its autosync for the databank, there si nothing to explain 🙂

symmetry means, that the long and short pseudo code of strategy will be mirrored, but it doesnt mean that the LONG profits will be the same as SHORT profits

you can have symmetric strategy, where 100% profits will be only for the long side, it depends on building blocks and markets

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, 55 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241123

i am using autosync only for final databanks, where i have the “final” strats, so i am happy with 1 hour autosync, i dont need autosync in the minutes, because the strategies are not flowing here so frequently. And its easy, its autosync for the databank, there si nothing to explain 🙂 symmetry means, that the long and short pseudo code of strategy will be mirrored, but it doesnt mean that the LONG profits will be the same as SHORT profits you can have symmetric strategy, where 100% profits will be only for the long side, it depends on building blocks and markets

I thank you for your contribution but you did not answer my questions.

I’ll try again now:

1. what exactly does Autosync do? What do I need it for? Isn’t every strategy in the database that was found by SQX and fits to my specifications displayed automatically?

2 If I set “No symmetry” in the options “Trading direction”:
Does SQ then exclude symmetry completely or does SQ search for strategies with symmetry anyway, but then also for those without symmetry?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241136

its displayed but its only in RAM, not written to a disk – so if SQX or your PC crashed, you will lose it…so autosync is simple – write the strategies in databank to a disk, so you will not lose them

think about it…its simple…

SYMMETRY – long on HIGHEST(50) – short is generated automatically because of symmetry on LOWEST(50)

now imagine that these same building blocks with the same parameters will be generated without symmetry, through zillions of combinations… its statistical nonsense

conclusion: without symmetry you will get for 99.9% probability not symmetric pseudo code

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, 55 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241137

its displayed but its only in RAM, not written to a disk – so if SQX or your PC crashed, you will lose it…so autosync is simple – write the strategies in databank to a disk, so you will not lose them think about it…its simple… SYMMETRY – long on HIGHEST(50) – short is generated automatically because of symmetry on LOWEST(50) now imagine that these same building blocks with the same parameters will be generated without symmetry, through zillions of combinations… its statistical nonsense conclusion: without symmetry you will get for 99.9% probability not symmetric pseudo code

Understand. Thank you!

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241143

1. what exactly does Autosync do? What do I need it for? Isn’t every strategy in the database that was found by SQX and fits to my specifications displayed automatically?

as hankeys said – strategies you see in databank are kept in memory by default, and they are saved to disc only when you close SQ.

By syncing them to disk you protect yourself in case program crashes.

But be aware that syncing everything to disk will slow down the generation, so it is best to use it not very often, or in custom projects later in the process when you have some strategies that you really don’t want to lose.

2 If I set “No symmetry” in the options “Trading direction”: Does SQ then exclude symmetry completely or does SQ search for strategies with symmetry anyway, but then also for those without symmetry?

if No symmetry is set, then entries for long and short side are generated totally independently of each other.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 56 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241165

Is it no longer possible to download 1 minute of data?

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241181

Is it no longer possible to download 1 minute of data?

why would it not be possible? The only thing that changed is that you select the type of data (tick or minute) when you add new Dukascopy symbol, not at the time of download.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241225

Next date in Roadmap for SQ ?

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241308

Hi Mark,

Regarding custom indicator testing.
I follow your suggestion to look into the steps in this page:

https://strategyquant.com/codebase/adding-envelopes-indicator-step-by-step/
Go to section “Testing…”

But it seems there is a problem. After clicking the ‘Start’ button there is nothing happening.
Please have a look to the movie clips attached – it is a recording when I click the green ‘Start’ button.

Note, I have copied the file ‘MyMA_14_0.csv‘ in folder:
C:\StrategyQuantX\tests\Indicators\MetaTrader4

This file is also attached.

Looking forward to your advice on how to solve this testing issue.
For sure, I have missed something.

Best Regards,
Yudi

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241334

Hi, There’s not much activity on the bug list by the development team since Build121. I wonder what are they working on.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241342

possible that they are in holliday ?

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241343

Next date in Roadmap for SQ ?

we are not on holidays 🙂  but it is true we concentrated on something else – namely online version of AlgoWizard and with it the backend infrastructure that will later be used also by SQ grid.

We will be switching back to SQ desktop development from next week and I assume we’ll release B122 two-three weeks after that.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241345

Hi Mark, Regarding custom indicator testing…. Looking forward to your advice on how to solve this testing issue. For sure, I have missed something. Best Regards, Yudi

you can see the problem in the video – it shows you an error “File not found”. It means that your file My_MA_14_0.csv was not found in the Test data folder.

Please check it.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241349

Thanks Mark for your prompt reply.

1) But, the test file is there in folder:
C:\StrategyQuantX\tests\Indicators\MetaTrader4

Please have a look at the screen shot attached, first one.
I wonder why it is showing ‘File not found’.

2) Also, I noticed there are two ‘Test Indicators’ menu at the top bar (second screen shot).
What’s the differences between the two?

3) The test file ‘MyMA_14_0.csv was created from MetaStock application (using SQ_IndicatorValuesExportEA.mq4) for EURUSD 1Hour.
How to setup the same price source of EURUSD 1Hour data for the Custom Indicator for testing?

Thanks!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241486

Hi Mark and dev team, to be honest is hard to me to understand how is it possible to freeze the work on fixing SQX when there’s a huge list of hundreds (if not more than a thousand I didn’t bother to count them) of bugs – some of these bugs are critical; like losing bars on the clone process in DataManager.

Personally I gave up months ago to use any new chic feature until that wasn’t completely tested and checked. I just go to the basics and expect SQX to work as SQ3 did. Would be great if SQX were faster but it isn’t. Same configuration on both and I get same strategies number on the building process although yes the strategies per hour rate is much bigger in SQX indeed but this is worthless if I get same number of strats (same configuration so the results are comparable).

When you were trying to launch new Builds each two or 3 weeks. I always said that it was better you could do your job and not deliver anything until was completely tested and if that takes 1 or 2 months, better take your time and deliver a quality work not anything that does whatever and generates a new surge of bugs and more problems and frustration.

Well, it’s the way it is. I would just settle to have SQX working same as SQ3 (not even better) and specially having SQX relaible on the basic stuff. For that reason I humbling ask you, could you focus on fixing the critical problems?

Viewing 15 replies - 646 through 660 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 43 44 45 62 63 64