SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

drayzen

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241503

Next date in Roadmap for SQ ?

we are not on holidays 🙂 but it is true we concentrated on something else – namely online version of AlgoWizard and with it the backend infrastructure that will later be used also by SQ grid. We will be switching back to SQ desktop development from next week and I assume we’ll release B122 two-three weeks after that.

Mark,
I have been using fxdreema.com for EA generation. I’d suggest having a look as it’s an excellent tool.

... the alien does not concern itself with the opinions of humans ...

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, 55 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241510

Not really.

What’s so good about that? This is a very simple Algowizard…and doesn’t play nearly in the same league as SQ.

drayzen

Visit profile

4 years ago #241526

Not really. What’s so good about that? This is a very simple Algowizard…and doesn’t play nearly in the same league as SQ.

Have you even used it?
If you had, you’d know that it has many more features than the current SQ AlgoWizard.
I’m not comparing it to SQ X because that would be stupid.

There are a few other good examples I could list but why will I bother if I’m going to get nasty responses like yours…

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241528

drayzen, I think Marcel’s comment was about focusing on online AlgoWizard. I know FxDreema, it is nice product, although graphic style of connecting blocks doesn’t suit everyone.

I personally prefer defining trading conditins our way.

It is also much simpler to develop a tool when you don’t need to concern yourself with backtesting. Every block we add to SQ or AW has to be implemented also in SQ engine spo that it can be backtested, translated to all supported platforms, and made sure it works the same way in every platform. It is exponentially more work.

We weren’t working only on AlgoWizard, the bigger part actually was the cloud backend that will be the basis of SQ grid functionality, so it will be usable also by normal SQ users in the future.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

drayzen

Visit profile

4 years ago #241535

drayzen, I think Marcel’s comment was about focusing on online AlgoWizard. I know FxDreema, it is nice product, although graphic style of connecting blocks doesn’t suit everyone. I personally prefer defining trading conditins our way. It is also much simpler to develop a tool when you don’t need to concern yourself with backtesting. Every block we add to SQ or AW has to be implemented also in SQ engine spo that it can be backtested, translated to all supported platforms, and made sure it works the same way in every platform. It is exponentially more work. We weren’t working only on AlgoWizard, the bigger part actually was the cloud backend that will be the basis of SQ grid functionality, so it will be usable also by normal SQ users in the future.

Hi Mark,
I can’t say it’s not disappointing to have input with good intent thrown back in your face, so thank you for your response.
Yes, I understood you have many more limitations due to AW’s integrated nature. I was purely thinking if you were wanting to have an online manual generator that competed with the best available it would be one to consider.
I know it would be a near-impossible undertaking to implement a similarly complex interface with SQ integration. I was thinking at a simpler level, there might be some of the functions it has that you could implement, many of which are very cleverly thought out, and possibly more versatile branching of functions as that would make AW closer in terms of flexibility.

I gather that you are now at the point of building out the cloud system you have a plan for it’s implementation and usage. Have you already documented anywhere how it will all work from a user’s perspective? Will there be facility for user’s to share their processing or it’s a one-way system?

On a more positive note, I recently got back to trying SQ X with B121 after some time away and have been pleased with it’s stability. There’s been two basic things I’ve always wanted from SQ since I got it:
1. Be able to run continuously in with Random Generation.
2. Trust it’s output EA’s.
I expect we can agree that 1. never really became possible with SQ3 due to memory issues, and I was very concerned a few months ago whether SQ X would remain the same but it’s fortunately now much improved. I still wonder occasionally how much better again the sometimes mentioned Linux version might be..  😉
Related, I was wondering now with it’s better stability, would you think there any purely performance gains to be had by allocating SQ extra memory if i am to leave it running continuously, other than being able to store more strategies.
For 2., I am still occasionally reading through the open and recently closed bugs to see which ones might apply for me and I find quite a few. Due to that I think I currently have more trust in SQ3’s EA’s, but am hopeful that will change around soon.

thanks.  🙂

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241729

Hi Mark,

Any news on the next release?

Regards,

Mike

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241756

next release is planned for Friday next week – 14th June, if nothing unexpected occurs.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241846

Announcement – Build 122 has just been released.

We fixed big amount of bugs and added some new features.

Download link: https://strategyquant.com/download

Changelog: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/roadmap

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241847

Well done! Thanks for all this work.

Bart S.

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241854

Great job Mark!

Your hard work is much appreciated.

🙂

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241865

Can someone help me with the way to test a custom indicator for SQX?

I have been following this guide on page:
https://strategyquant.com/codebase/adding-envelopes-indicator-step-by-step/

While it has complete development steps, it seems the guide has missed some testing steps.
For example, at the section ‘Testing new indicator in SQ X vs data from MT’, it does not explain
on how we can control the Tester to execute the new custom indicator for a certain currency pair.

Here is what I done:
1) I have executed the MT4 custom EA to generate the indicator value (used for comparing custom output result later) of
my custom indicator (MT4 version), then saved the file to folder: {SQ installation}/tests/Indicators/MetaTrader4
2) I have coded the new SQX custom indicator and compiled without error
3) I have Imported the source forex pair value from MT4 platform. In this case I am using EURUSD 1M Pepperstone historical data
4) Now, I am ready to test, but I don’t know how to tell SQX to execute my custom indicator on my EURUSD 1M Pepperstone historical data

What are the steps to do that?

Thx for help.

Tomas Brynda

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241871

Can someone help me with the way to test a custom indicator for SQX? I have been following this guide on page: https://strategyquant.com/codebase/adding-envelopes-indicator-step-by-step/ While it has complete development steps, it seems the guide has missed some testing steps. For example, at the section ‘Testing new indicator in SQ X vs data from MT’, it does not explain on how we can control the Tester to execute the new custom indicator for a certain currency pair. Here is what I done: 1) I have executed the MT4 custom EA to generate the indicator value (used for comparing custom output result later) of my custom indicator (MT4 version), then saved the file to folder: {SQ installation}/tests/Indicators/MetaTrader4 2) I have coded the new SQX custom indicator and compiled without error 3) I have Imported the source forex pair value from MT4 platform. In this case I am using EURUSD 1M Pepperstone historical data 4) Now, I am ready to test, but I don’t know how to tell SQX to execute my custom indicator on my EURUSD 1M Pepperstone historical data What are the steps to do that? Thx for help.

Hi,

when you export your indicator values from MT, the file contains all data needed. It has Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume values for each bar. SQ Indicator tester is using these values when running test.

If you want to test your indicator on a different symbol, all you need to do is to select the right symbol in Metatrader tester and export a new file to be tested in SQ.

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas
SQ software engineer

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241875

maybe you can specify how to properly sxq connect to smtp?
I tested 3 different emails (gmail, outlook and yahoo) and none worked properly

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #241894

Can someone help me with the way to test a custom indicator for SQX?

look at the section Testing new indicator in SQ X vs data from MT in the article you mentioned, it is described there step by step.
Basically, you have to use this helper script SqIndicatorValuesExportEA.mq4 in your MetaTrader to compute the indicator data in mT4, then use this file in SQ Indicators tester.

This will show you if the indicator values match between SQ and MT4. If you need more help about this let us know, but it should be quite straightforward.

maybe you can specify how to properly sxq connect to smtp? I tested 3 different emails (gmail, outlook and yahoo) and none worked properly

do you mean you want use SMTP for a custom project notifications? Have you configured SMTP server in SQ X Configuration (icon on top right corner) ?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Tamas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 73 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241896

maybe you can specify how to properly sxq connect to smtp? I tested 3 different emails (gmail, outlook and yahoo) and none worked properly

Sending emails works fine. I just tested it with two different smtp accounts.

Did you set correct settings on SMTP config dialog?

In your gmail account you have to enable IMAP and less secure apps to access your account.

Here is a video how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-NYmDWiFjU

Viewing 15 replies - 661 through 675 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 44 45 46 62 63 64