Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 969 total)
  • #201513 |
    Participant
    27 Posts

Ups, after uninstall SQ4 from my pc I wonder why my disk is full of temp files more as 100 GB after uninstalling SQ4?

So it seems tha the uninstall process don’t work orrectly and we must clean by hand…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Customer
    292 Posts

Christian there is a sitre wher you can post all the bugs …

Customer
    292 Posts

Mabi has discovered some point:

It has to do with the UTC + X. If your data is UTC +0 it match..

when you use UTC +2 as i did evrything bugs out. .1. Charts do not load. 2. tradelists do not load.3. RT tests do not seems to work.4. trade analysis data do not load. and some more but it seems to work fine with UTC+ 0

And i confirm that i dont have a charts with utc+2

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  clonex.
    Participant
    20 Posts

Very nice, in the roadmap isn’t appear a beta 8 release date, i prefer in this way, is correct don’t put a date if you aren’t sure. When you have a correct estimate you can put a date.

Customer
    375 Posts

Mabi has discovered some point: It has to do with the UTC + X. If your data is UTC +0 it match.. when you use UTC +2 as i did evrything bugs out. .1. Charts do not load. 2. tradelists do not load.3. RT tests do not seems to work.4. trade analysis data do not load. and some more but it seems to work fine with UTC+ 0 And i confirm that i dont have a charts with utc+2

It worked once and now i cant get anything again. It only  loads charts, tradelist and trade analyse data with the 2 years data that comes with SQ4. I guess it is tweeked to work with that . Maybe the data they use  has a bug aswell  so now they tweeked SQ4 to backtest the same as MT4 using faulty data, hehe. Or maybe tick downloader dont work in reality it just fakes download of Dukas data.

Administrator
    3079 Posts

thank you for the investigation, I’ll check the problems with data and backtests and let you know once I’ll know what is the cause.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    292 Posts

Excellent. Anyway  it is a big step and i really like gui speed and everything .Good Job SQ team !!!! Please fix theese issues and testing in real tick mode and i would say that it will be real beta :))))

Customer
    375 Posts

SQ4 databanks is missing a configurable choose veiw manager or atleast i can not find were to do this. It is i big deal if you want so sort your strategies for deletion after RT tests.

Also it seems RT test is not working . For instance if a strategy made 10000 usd in 3000 trades it is unlikely that it does  200000 usd in the next coming 3000 trades at 95% confidence level . Most strategies tested behave like this in RT. Might be that RT gives result on  another contract size who knows. Would be great if RT tests works in beta 8 so we can check the Robustness of the strategies found.

Administrator
    3079 Posts

mabi – yes, we disabled configurable views for this release, because we had some problems with them and the new databank table and we had no time to fix it. But they will be in the new release.

Backtests problems – we found one problem why some backtests don’t match – it is related to using Shift = 0 in the blocks.
    It seems there is a bug and indicators with Shift=0 aren’t computed correctly in SQ4.

I’ll look also at the problem with GMT setting.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    375 Posts

The new SQ4 Genetic EVO seems very good.  Even after 1 mio radome generated strategies with  really tuf ranking settings it still have not found anything. But it seems when using Genetic EVO it just piles them up :). Very nice indeed.

Administrator
    3079 Posts

mabi – I tried to reproduce the problem with GMT+x, but I cannot.

Here is what I did:

– I used TickDownloader to download EURUSD data, exported them to tick data with UTC+0 time zone, then again with UTC+4 time zone

– I imported both files into SQ4 into two different symbols

– I imported them into Tick Data Manager of TDS

– I run test in MT4 and SQ4 for both these data, using Variable spread in MT4 and real spread in SQ4.

In both cases the test results between SQ4 and MT4 were exactly the same.

Have you really experienced that a strategy has the same backtest in GMT data, but not in GMT+2 data?
    Or have you tested it only on GMT+2 data?

Because then the reason for backtest difference would probably be somehting else than GMT setting.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    292 Posts

Im also using european DST and im also using not tick data manager . Here u can find strategies : https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_0663

Customer
    292 Posts

I wanted to say Im using tick data manager instead of tickdownloader. Btw is not possible to edit posts here in forum.

Customer
    375 Posts

Mark,

Yes i did, however i use tick downloader and i am actually just testing SQ4 and have not used TDS or compared with MT4.  I am currently traveling but the differensers i had was mainly between results after testing in SQ4  On the GMt+2 data the strategies looked just fine but when tested them on the beta7 data they all turned in to shit with to many Ambigous trades etc. Now i applied montecarlo ( the ones that works) during generation at it seems that sort the bad ones out and now the performance looks pretty simular.

Well i have to add that i also compared with the supplied beta7 data. With the supplied beta 7 data all trades shows up in trade list and i also can view the chart. This does only work with the data supplied with Beta7 and not with any other data i loaded in SQ4 using Tick downloader data. Why this happens i do not understand and it would be good to know how You imported the data in SQ4 so we can get the same result.

Below is a screen dump of tradelist from using tickdownloader data and the second beta 7 on the same strategies and periods.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Customer
    375 Posts

As comment to previous excellent poster ,  I have tested above described issue on diffrent computors with the same strategies and the result were that it works on some but not others, go figure. So some of the bugs will effect some users and other will not be effected.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 969 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.