SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233752

Yes i have solved it was a problem with my java environment variable, now it works.

Roberto

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233755

With lightcrude I get this problems. Many loosing strategies with PF=5

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233759

Mark,  multitimeframe settings can create endless of combinations . You can generate on time frame combinations and instrument combinations. It would be good to be able to randomise mulitimeframe settings aswell doing it manually and go thru possible combinations one by one to find an edge using this excellent feature will take years  i just realized.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233764

Options could look like.

1. Select  x additional charts to look at

2. Additional instrument should have a  Randomize option to be selected from a group of instruments.

3 Additional Charts time frame should have a Randomize option as well.

Now we can just sit back wile SQ4 is doing all job.

jmtc1230

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 19 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233768

That is a very cool idea!

jmtc1230

Visit profile

5 years ago #233769

Mark – what is the difference between “accepted” and “in databank”. If they are accepted don’t they move to the databank?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233770

mabi – a good idea, I added it to ToDo list

accepted vs databank – yes, accepted strategy goes to databank, but databank size is limited. It keeps only top X strategies. So once databank is full and you are adding new strategy, it willl have to throw away the worst strategy in databank (if it is worse than this new one) and add the new one.

So if you are generating strategies for a long time you can have many more accepted startegies, but only top X of them will be saved to databank.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

jmtc1230

Visit profile

5 years ago #233773

Mark,  this is something else to look into then because when I begin generating the program will be showing results inder accepted but they are not appearing in the Databank for quite some time.

Roberto

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233778

Could someone post a settings to find good eurusd m15 strategies with SQ4?

I’d like to have all robustness check enabled with right settings.

I’m getting problems in finding good settings.

Thank you

RNG

Visit profile

5 years ago #233780

Sorry to disappoint you, is not working on lower timeframe, and I don’t know how much it’s accurate on timeframe H1… Still not good to put strategies live…

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233785

What I see as a huge problem is a fact that after few hours I have in databank 500 ” same” strategies…

RNG

Visit profile

5 years ago #233786

What I see as a huge problem is a fact that after few hours I have in databank 500 ” same” strategies…

I fully agree with you, this version have a big fundamental problem, the engine that generate strategies is very slow (compared with the version 3.8.2) and very limited, it can not generate great diversity… Try to make strategies with timeframe M1, nothing appears after hours in the databank, and another problem, the feature “close on friday/close at the end of day” it’s bugged, if you enable this option the strategies don’t produce any trade…
This version still a beta not a release candidate unfortunately…

Martin

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233788

I have created many strategies which close on friday, I dont think it’s bugged. Even though the diversity is not great I think they will improve it, also using different genetics settings can have a huge impact on diversity at least for me

RNG

Visit profile

5 years ago #233789

I have created many strategies which close on friday, I dont think it’s bugged. Even though the diversity is not great I think they will improve it, also using different genetics settings can have a huge impact on diversity at least for me

Can you share a config file that works with “close on friday”? To prove that works? I can’t find any in a lot of time (100% no trades).

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233794

Hi Mark,

Any chance you can take a look at this for RC3? https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_1634

You marked it as fixed in Beta9, but on multi-symbol strategy generation it is still comparing price data from one symbol with another, for example the Close price of EUR/USD with the moving average price of the other symbol, USD/JPY.

Clearly, with values of price or derived from price, one instrument (symbol) cannot be compared with another in any meaningful way.

Thanks,

Mike

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 4 5 62 63 64