SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #242217

can anyone explain more on the usage of custom function in algowizard? the note tell me put the function in the file of code\customfuctions.mq4, but when i check the mt4 source code of the strategy there is no line to include this customfuctions.mq4 file, dont know how can my custom function can be used? please explain it in more detail, thank you.

you are right, this file is not included in the generated EA because the include is missing.

I’m attaching corrected file /extend/Code/MetaTrader4/Main.tpl, this one attachs contents of \code\customfuctions.mq4 to the EA.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

yourrodstaff

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 60 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242219

got it , Thank you Mark!

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242231

is it possible to try the local grid function already?
if so how do I connect 2 or more computers on a local network?

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242221

hi Mark, can you put the feature “run on linux” https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_5033 in the build 123 lie you said? Thanks.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #242236

is it possible to try the local grid function already? if so how do I connect 2 or more computers on a local network?

no, I’m sorry, but it is still not possible.  We are working primarily on reported bugs in SQ.

hi Mark, can you put the feature “run on linux” https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_5033 in the build 123 lie you said? Thanks.

we checked it, but it seems to be more difficult than I originally thought. I’m not sure we’ll make it into Build 123.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242239

Hi Mark,

https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/howto-use-the-content-of-extendsnippetssqstrategies/

Any idea when this will be implemented? It would be great if we could program and test/optimize our own strategies written in java (or any other language) instead of fully relaying on internal generation algos. Current approach becomes very claustrophobic over time….

Thanks!

This is a false statement.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242244

I think the support of Network funktionality in a local network is a very nice feature. It will make the handle of the SQ.X more easy. But I think it is very complex. In a parallel computing network It can happens so much unexpected.

I expect a stable version of this feature with network support next year.

I will be happy If I get a stable version of 4.X with this actual features.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

yourrodstaff

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 60 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242251

Mark,

although wizard can put any mql4 code, it will not do  the backtest (fast)and  if save as the template, it cant do the strategy generation, right? so if we want these actions, we have to translate the custom code to SQ indicator, another question is if we generate custom indicator, does algowizard can see and use it?

Thank you.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242252

Maybe an easy way could be to  network link folders in a workflow and have SQx scan these folders  to pick up strategies for another workflow on network. Then you can have several computers feeding one folder with strategies and others that do the testing.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #242259

Maybe an easy way could be to network link folders in a workflow and have SQx scan these folders to pick up strategies for another workflow on network. Then you can have several computers feeding one folder with strategies and others that do the testing.

yes, this is one possibility, although very crude one. As Thomas said, network functionality is more complicated than it might seem, there are many things to solve.

We are focusing mainly on bugs in SQ X. But it doesn’t mean it is not being developed, we work on it in parallel, but it has less focus.

Mark, although wizard can put any mql4 code, it will not do the backtest (fast)and if save as the template, it cant do the strategy generation, right? so if we want these actions, we have to translate the custom code to SQ indicator, another question is if we generate custom indicator, does algowizard can see and use it? Thank you.

that’s right. To be able to do backtest swith your custom indicators / blocks you need to implement them in Java in SQ.

If you do it in SQ X Code Editor it will become visible in SQ X and AlgoWizard after successful compilation.

Hi Mark, https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/howto-use-the-content-of-extendsnippetssqstrategies/ Any idea when this will be implemented? It would be great if we could program and test/optimize our own strategies written in java (or any other language) instead of fully relaying on internal generation algos. Current approach becomes very claustrophobic over time…. Thanks!

as Thomas said, we’d like to fix the most important bugs first, and then focus on extending SQ functionality. It is basically very close to be ready, but there are many things to check when we’ll allow users programming the strategies.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242268

maybe you can tell me how I could combine 2 strategies i 1 through algowizard? Suppose I have 2 different strategies for EURUSD H1, how to make 1 EA a separate strategy? you may be able to present an example of how the whole structure should look.

bentra

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242269

maybe you can tell me how I could combine 2 strategies i 1 through algowizard? Suppose I have 2 different strategies for EURUSD H1, how to make 1 EA a separate strategy? you may be able to present an example of how the whole structure should look.

In algowizard, you can only work on one strategy at a time so you’d have to manualy remove and add parts in to one or the other.

You could, however, experiment in the gen builder and have them both in the initial population and see what comes out.

May all your fits be loose.

https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/SUG.4.2/

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242419

what do these numbers mean for each task?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #242424

it is number of times this task was executed in the whole flow.

It is useful if you have some conditional Go to skips.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245052

when is 123 build planned for release?

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 46 47 48 62 63 64