SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233798

@mikeyc, It should be easy to test and prove by running it in an WF optimiser and change the specific values to see if it has an impact. If you are correct there should be no impact and the rule should be worth less.

rjay

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 45 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233809

How do you do a WFA optimisation on a portfolio ?  When I’m building strategies I only ever look at the portfolio data so when I do the WFA I want to see that for the portfolio not the individual instruments …. but I can’t see how to do it.

I have Quant Analyzer, if it’s easier to do it there …. I just need to know how.

mabi

Visit profile

5 years ago #233815

SQ4 builds up memory when generating in lower time frame ( 5 min) and CPU usage goes down to nothing after 24 hours. I have it set to 8 gig mem but it is now using 25 gig and Cpu is at 20 %. Cant report this bug since i for some reason cant log in even thought i am logged in here.

jmtc1230

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 19 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233839

Mark – can you help us understand what time the “exit on Friday” option is working from?  The default is 00:38.  What time is this based on from a SQ perspective?  What timezone is this based on?  For testing purposes would I need to enter my local time of 4:00 on Friday to end?  GMT time?  Broker time?

Thanks for the input.

Part Two of this question: when i enabled “exit on Friday” in SQ4, it seemed like it broke the generation.  Strategies were taking .003 seconds and running at about 1 million per hour and it was not actually producing anything.  Any thoughts on this?

mabi

Visit profile

5 years ago #233842

Mark, has below been fixed with RC2. Just want to know so i do not waste Computing time on bars since exit rule.

“If you have strategies that have exit rule based on bar counting probably will not match with SQ. The problem is that Mql4 uses the pending order open time for bar counting and SQ is using the order activation time as reference. So, the mql4 will close an order earlier than SQ.”

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233846

if we are now able to save strategies from SQ4 to an old STR version – i could make very quickly comparation of backtests to make sure every building block will be traded the same way. if anyone interested to make this comparation to his own strategies, feel free to ask me

this simple picture shows me, that this simple strategy for EURUSD H1 will be traded on MT the same way, how the backtest from SQ4 tells me. Comparation is made for 1M precision from backtest from SQ4 and tick backtest from HTM statement made through the Tick Data Suite – no big differences in this strategy. Backtester from SQ4 is accurate for this strategy, we need to test more and every kind of strategy

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233933

Hello all,

we just released new SQ4 Release Candidate 3: https://strategyquant.com/betaversion4

Direct download link: https://www.strategyquant.com/licenses/d?code=sqrc3

Changelog: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/roadmap

I’m sorry, but automatic updater still doesn’t work, so for the last time you have to download the installation manually.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

jmtc1230

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 19 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233934

Awesome! Thanks for the hard work Mark!

argonaut

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233935

Mark

I’ve just updated from RC2 to RC3 and getting this error:

Setting: Data, Error: Cannot get main chart commissions config
Setting: Data, Error: Cannot initialize Main chart setup – Element Params not found

I’ve not changed anything since the update as I was building D1 strategies with RC2 ok.

Jason

rjay

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 45 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233937

Sorry but RC3 is a disaster for me. Completely unusable on all 3 of my PC’s as it just generates Java errors when I try to run Builder.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233940

I think it is better to make no update installation.

A fresh installation in a new directory can be more stable.

I will check this

Result with fresh installation:

No java problems. I have done some tests.

Generation, Retests etc. java works fine.

The new RC3 is better than RC2

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Martin

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233943

I did a new folder installation and I can’t even open the program, it takes a long time starting strategyquant but it never opens it while with the previous version it would take just some seconds. This update looks awful for now…

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233949

make a test of the performace through PC specs – https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/sq4-performance-comparation/

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233961

RC3 is working well, nice feature the mini equity chart, the GUI is more responsive than the RC2, but i still have the problem about the feature “close all trade at the end of day/weekend” still not working, if you enable this option the software generate more strategies per hour but all dismissed, reason “NO TRADE” I invite you to investigate about this problem.

Another two things, first one SQ4 have a wonderful feature that is incomplete, the thread grid, can you implement the distribution of the thread over a network before of the final release?
Second one when you merge two or more strategies to create a portfolio it makes the source code of only one strategy, can you put the feature about when you create a portfolio SQ create the merged source code of all the strategies that compose the portfolio? It would be awesome for a better and faster backtesting.
Thanks for your work, i really appreciate it.

Globegains

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233963

Good work SQ team!

I have suggestion that until final release you do not add anything new and just fix core functionality that is not working. Adding nice to have features is of course nice 🙂 but for this software to be of any use we need fully woking core features: build & retest and maybe custom workflow (i still dont understand hoe to use it).
Please before release document functionality by at least writing few words what particular setting means, because for newer user it is guesswork all the settings.

thnx!

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6 62 63 64