SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248905

It is simple,  2.3 ghz * 20 is the same as 4.6 ghz * 10.   I have  2 dual Xeons 80 threads machines and a 2950x Threadripper. But i rather have more Ghz then cores if the end result is the same SQx runns better on that and uses less memory. I do not overclock my Threadripper since it need 200 extra watts for 10 % boost.

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248906

It is simple, 2.3 ghz * 20 is the same as 4.6 ghz * 10. I have 2 dual Xeons 80 threads machines and a 2950x Threadripper. But i rather have more Ghz then cores if the end result is the same SQx runns better on that and uses less memory. I do not overclock my Threadripper since it need 200 extra watts for 10 % boost.

very useful information, thank you

these comparative tests will be very useful for newcomers, we could put these info to a separate thread to be easily accessible

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #248907

mabi, it seems you are right: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6942632

This was reported and refused in Java.

I haven’t tried it, but it might be possible to use all the cores by running two instances of SQ in parallel, and setting processor affinity using Task manager.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248908

Yes Mark and it is better to run sevral instances since it gives possibility to Divesify the Strategies found thrue diffrent settings.  Since there still today does not exist any dual 32 core chip systems to buy i simply just turn of Hyperthreading in Bios and then all cores are being used with one SQx which can be benefical when doing dual time frames using 5 min and 15 min bars.

drayzen

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248918

mabi, it seems you are right: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6942632 This was reported and refused in Java. I haven’t tried it, but it might be possible to use all the cores by running two instances of SQ in parallel, and setting processor affinity using Task manager.

While they only mention it’s ability to control priority, Prio is a very well designed add-on for Windows that perfectly integrates itself in to Task Manager and can also remember your affinity choices..  ??

https://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

... the alien does not concern itself with the opinions of humans ...

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248926

However, at the moment SQX is not working well about the parallel process, look i’m performing a WFM over 73 strategies and it is using only a few threads of 4 CPUs

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248937

I have also the feeling, that SQX slowed down. After appr. 2000-3000 generated strategies it seems to slowing down.

And also I have the feeling, that SQX would be a bit much complicated. There are so many useful features but at the building blocks I think, there are to much options…

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248960

Hi Mark,

yes i mean debug console but also whole coding engine looks not finished and not fully supported. This info is also written somewhere ( coding is in alpha stage)

Am i right?

yourrodstaff

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 60 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248985

I wounder if we can add some grid like style entry/exit in the builder?  Mark?

kainc301

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248993

I wounder if we can add some grid like style entry/exit in the builder? Mark?

this is already a feature request https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3418

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249043

can a new version B125 already be expected this Friday?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #249049

new B 125 will be reeased next week.

There will be a big load of new features, including support for loading custom indicators data.

But grid / multiposition functionality will be not there yet, it is too much work.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249052

new B 125 will be reeased next week. There will be a big load of new features, including support for loading custom indicators data. But grid / multiposition functionality will be not there yet, it is too much work.

This is really good news, Mark.

We see that a lot of problems have been fixed in the roadmap.

Can you  reconsider the strategy development with ATR SL/PT for in Mulicarts?

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_5100

I don’t think the SL and PT value will change when the strategy is reactivated. And we don’t need global variables to implement that in Multicharts. I am sure that we can set the stop loss as fixed value when entry, or at the first bar after entry in the Multicharts. Even it use ATR value.

Just put the calculation of the ATR value in front of the market position exit code block (SL, PT, trailing, indicators exit method) instead of inside.

It is important to  constrain the risk-reward ratio constrain accurately. The strategy with fixed pips in  both MC and SQ are consistent now. But I have found that there may be problems in  some strategies with ATR SL, PT or Trailing stop.  But the strategies with ATR have better adaptability because many commodities in the futures market have different price ranges and volatility. I will prefer to develop strategies with ATR Stop loss if it works well.

And can you add an new improved trailing method?

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sqp_0066

Could you please reconsider my suggestion?  Sincere hope and thanks.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249055

I also want to repeat my question: when will be the programming interface supported and finished. ( tutorials, documentation etc.).

THX

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249061

the short question is whether there is protection on MT5 engine for unbitten orders and their repetition?

because I get the following mistakes every day after 00:00 that the warrants have not been executed.

Viewing 15 replies - 766 through 780 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 51 52 53 62 63 64